What is an eBook?
- eBooks are digital, downloadable versions of books. In most cases they look exactly like the print version, so you will see all the same graphs, charts, and drawings.
- You can download and read eBooks on your desktop, laptop, and/or a variety of mobile devices with an e-reader application.
What e-reading software should I use?
- Your eBook must be read through the free Leaf e-Reader application. Click through the link to find out how to download the Leaf e-Reader to iPhone/iPad, Android, Windows, Macintosh, or through a browser window.
Do eBooks “expire” or “time out”?
- Your eBook will not expire. Once you have downloaded it to your device, it is stored in your Leaf e-Reader Library and will remain there until you choose to delete it.
Do I have to pay shipping, handling, or taxes on Longleaf Services eBooks?
- When you purchase an eBook through a Longleaf Services client publisher there are no shipping and handling charges. Sales tax will be based on your credit card billing address.
Can I return an eBook purchase?
- Unfortunately, eBooks are not returnable.
- If you have specific questions, contact our our IT Manager, Tom Franklin, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I download my eBook from Longleaf Services?
- Once your purchase is complete you will receive an Order Invoice email with a links to the Leaf e-Reader.
- When you’re asked to log into the Leaf e-Reader app, just enter the same email address as you used to place your order.
- A confirmation code will be sent to that email address. Copy and paste it into the Leaf e-Reader confirmation field to authorize the app.
- Your eBook will appear in your Leaf e-Reader Library, ready to read.
How many times may I download my eBook?
- The Leaf e-Reader can be downloaded and authorized on up to six different devices, provided you use the same email address.
How do I download my eBook again or download it to another device?
- Go back to the Leaf e-Reader download page on your other device and follow the instructions for downloading the app on your new device.
Can I share my eBook?
- No. eBooks are only licensed for use by one individual and cannot be shared.
Can I print my eBook?
- Unfortunately, no. eBooks cannot be printed.
Can I read my eBook on a NOOK or an Amazon Kindle eReader?
- Unfortunately, no. You must be able to download and install the Leaf e-Reader application to your device and neither the NOOK nor the Kindle eReader allow for third-party applications like the Leaf e-Reader.
Will I be able to view my eBooks offline?
- Yes. Once you have installed the Leaf e-Reader app on you PC, Mac, or mobile device, you can read it offline.